Friday, July 29, 2011

Mr and Mrs and wedding cake

This card is for a couple getting married tomorrow. It also fits into todays challenge over at www.365cards.blogspot.com day151. Have a minimum of 3 layers on your card. I use card bases for my actual card and then add from there, I like that since they come with perfect size envelopes too. My black paper was cut to fit. My grey was cut on my cricut using tie the knot cart, invitation setting with Mr and Mrs. I added the bride and groom stamp. I used a punch for the white strip and layered black on top of that. Then I had ribbon and pearls left over from a wedding cake that I done last friday (see pics below). Layered these all up. I also added a little crystal charm and rhinestones along the sides. Below is the wedding cake that I did last friday for my in-laws 35th wedding anniversary. This is my first official "whole" wedding cake. The reason I say that is because for my youngest brother-in-law I did decorate the cake but thats all I did. My mother-in-law baked and iced it. These are heart shaped cakes with fantasy flowers made of fondunt and gumpaste. All the dove stuff (holding peanuts and mints) were from my wedding. Even my cake knife and server is there, the knife saying "Robert and Maranda" and My server saying "September 13, 2003" or maybe thats the other way around. Oh well. Oh crap! That means my 8th anniversary is coming up quickly!
My in-laws

No comments:

Post a Comment