Friday, July 15, 2011

Fishing Silhouette

For day 135 over at 365cards was a wednesday collage. Use the following Chipboard, Pattern Paper and Fringe.
My Father-in-laws birthday is exactly one week from today, so I went back on this weeks challenges to see what I could come up with. The fishing pole was cut out of cardstock and layered over chipboard (also cut with fishing pole sizzix). I added glitter pen to make the shiny parts of the pole come to life. I even went outside and raided one of my kids fishing poles for the fishing line. (I knew I'd be in trouble if I raided my husbands, lol)
The pattern paper has a crackle look to it. The fringe is tied to make it look like the lure at the end of the fishing line. Then I added the fish charm at the lure. I also added brown ribbon (I tied the lure and charm from it) and 2 mini brads to hold this all in place.
I have to say that I do tend to put alot of energy into my father-in-laws cards (which I've said on here before) because he really does enjoy my handmade cards. It also puts a "burden" (for a lack of better word) trying to figure out what I'm going to do for his next card. My mind can't always keep up or be in the most creative mood with all the creative juices running. But I do have to say that I love how this card came together and it is so masculine dispite the fringe!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I didn't get to comment earlier, Maranda! Thanks so much for playing in the Wednesday Collage challenge at 365 cards! Your creation definitely uses the elements beautifully and I'm sure your father-in-law adored this card too!

    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete