Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday card w/ deer

this card will be for my husband to glance at and my father in law to keep. my husbands birthday is this coming thurs. and he really is not a card person. in fact he could really care less about getting anything, let alone a card. Ill keep the inside clean and he will glance at it and then the following week is my father in laws birthday so I will write inside and give it to him. Hey it works for us. I feel good about giving my husband a card and my father in law loves my homemade cards, so at least he appreciates them. This card wraps up a few challenges... At 365cards the challenge was to look at a pic and let it inspire you. Well I have to say that I was barely inspired for this particular card. I needed a male card so the cake in the picture make me think of a birthday cake. So here is my birthday card. At mojomonday I followed the sketch for the week. At pileiton it was to make it different, use at least 3 different embellies. Mine are ribbon, a staple, and the green flower. Hope you like it, I really think my father in law will, since he loves hunting those deer.

8 comments:

  1. hi Maranda,
    what a very cool card. I think it's a awesome manly card.

    Thanks for Playing with us @ Pile It On!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the embellishments! And how nice that your FIL loves your cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male card - they are always so hard for me to do - yours is just fantastic and love that deer image.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your deer and ribbon accent. Great job with the mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful deer! I'm glad that your husband and his dad appreciate them; it always nice to know that your time was spent well. Great job on this card and thanks for joining us this week :D
    - Ann @ Pile It On

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Well done masculine card!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! this week! Can't wait to see what you create for us in the future!

    ~Vicki
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card-perfect for a man! Thanks for playing and hope to see you again next week. Hugs Rowena-PIO dt

    ReplyDelete