Monday, November 22, 2010

Over at 365cards was a sketch challenge.

Here is my submission.

Wow! The sketch didn't say it had to be vintage, but I wanted to try it. This was a considerable challenge since that is normally not my style and I do NOT have anything vintage style! So after a few tries this is what I finally came up with. The paper is the same sheet, patterned one side, solid on the other. I grabbed some lace and grungeboard (the key and the green and black thing behind the flowers. Painted the "leaves" green with scrapbooking colors and inked w/ some black to make is look antiqued. The key I inked up with versamark and embossed with bronze embossing powder, put some black on it also. The keyhole I drew on and embossed the same as the key, and drew the hole on top of the embossed area.

6 comments:

  1. so glad you gave vintage a try!! this is beautiful and i love the key :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's gorgeous!!!! So pretty with the soft colors and nice embellies. Love the key + keyhole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of you girls keep saying you don't "do" vinatage! But you are all rocking the week! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card. Think you got the vintage touch pretty good. Great job with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the key and keyhole..nice touch!

    ReplyDelete